T-Coffee is distributed as pre-compiled binaries for Linux and Macosx platforms getting a brought installation procedure.
This really is really the smoothest and quickest approach to install T-Coffee inside your machine, since they come in all needed
components and does not need any special user account.
- download the installer package available here (or perhaps the latest beta here)
- open a terminal window, go to the download path, and grant execute permission for the installer typing the following command:
chmod +x T-COFFEE_installer_.bin
- launch the installer
- when the installation procedure has finished open a completely new terminal window (to make sure that changes created through the installer work nicely) and sort the following command to make sure your installation:
- download the compressed package named T-COFFEE_installer_.dmg
(or perhaps the latest beta here)
- click to start the download file and launch the contained executeble installer
- when the installation procedure has finisched open a completely new terminal window (to make sure that changes created through the installer work nicely) and sort the following command to make sure your installation:
Home home windows users
T-Coffee pre-compiled installer is not designed for Home home windows operating-system.
Home home windows users need to compiled and set it up while using the source distribution package as described below.
An simpler alternative is always to make use of a Linux guest in your house home windows workstation employing a employing a common virtualization tool (like VMware, VirtualBox, etc) and install T-Coffee inside the virtualized machine.
Compile and install from sources
Advanced users and anybody requiring custom compilation or installation can download the T-Coffee source distribution packages from Github
and keep to the procedure to compile source code available here.